2023 FedEx Pittsburgh Marathon Relay - Relay Captain Registration
- Run-ready Fit
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Minimum Age Requirement: 14 Years or Older
The following links are to register for the Marathon Events using the Payment Plan Option. To pay in full, please register using this link: https://raceroster.com/events/2023/62760/2023-dicks-sporting-goods-pittsburgh-marathon-weekend'
*Payment Plan Option* - You will receive a registration code to your provided email within 7-10 Business Days to be redeemed on the Official Pittsburgh Marathon Race Roster page. Note that you will not be fully registered for the event until this code is redeemed and you have received your event confirmation email.
Grab your friends, family, and colleagues to tackle the DICK'S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon course together! The FedEx Pittsburgh Marathon Relay splits the 26.2 mile course into five legs of varying distances, so everyone can take part!
Click here to review last year's 2022 FedEx Pittsburgh Marathon Relay Handbook. Although some information may change for the 2023 event, the handbook includes information regarding:
- Packet pickup
- Bib numbers
- Exchange areas
- Instructions for getting to and from exchange zones
- And more
Marathon Relay Distances
- Leg 1 - 5.3 Miles
- Leg 2 - 3.8 Miles
- Leg 3 - 6.4 Miles
- Leg 4 - 6.5 Miles
- Leg 5 - 4.2 Miles
WONDERING WHY YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS SHOULD RUN IN THE FEDEX PITTSBURGH MARATHON RELAY? WE'LL LET OUR PREVIOUS PARTICIPANTS TELL YOU:
- "I loved the spirit of the city and the encouragement all along the way!" -Recent Participant
- "Loved every step - the crowd support was phenomenal!" -Recent Participant
- "We have the best spectators cheering us on!" -Recent Participant
- "I look forward to this event each year!" -Recent Participant
- "I have run numerous races over the years, and this race was by far the best." -Recent Participant
- 26.2 miles of USATF-certified, closed on-street race course throughout the city, split into five (5) relay legs of varying distances
- Professional chip timing
- Personalized race bib
- Access to the two-day Pittsburgh Health & Fitness Expo
- Medical support throughout the course
- On-course hydration and nutrition
- Tech race shirt
- Finisher’s medal
- Award possibilities
- Post-race activities
- Partner giveaways
The FedEx Pittsburgh Marathon Relay course is the same as the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon course. Your team of 2, 3, 4, or 5 members will tour Pittsburgh across three rivers and bridges, each with their own distinct architecture and incredible city views. You’ll run through 14 unique neighborhoods featuring festivals, bands, and cheerathoners who will keep each of you motivated and smiling all the way to the finish line.
The FedEx Pittsburgh Marathon Relay …
- Is a USA Track & Field-certified course,
- Hosts 16 medical aid stations throughout the course,
- Offers water and Nuun Hydration carbohydrate + Electrolyte pre-mixed drinks at 18 fluid stations strategically located throughout the course, as well as Honey Stinger gels at three locations along the course and salty snacks (such as potato chips or pretzels) at select locations along the course.
Your team’s captain will register the team and be automatically registered as a team member when they pay the registration fee for the entire team. Then each team member can register separately and will officially join the team as part of the registration process. Please note that team captains do not need to register a second time as a team member.
Travelling to Relay Exchanges One and Two: Because of race day traffic and closures, it is recommended that most FedEx Pittsburgh Marathon Relay participants walk to exchange zones one and two from the Downtown area.
Travelling to Relay Exchanges Three and Four: Shuttle buses will be available on race day to transport relay runners to exchange zones three and four only. Shuttles will depart from Downtown on Centre Avenue between 6th Avenue and Chatham Street starting at 6 a.m.
You should plan to arrive at your Relay Exchange at least 30 minutes before your teammate’s expected arrival. If you are taking shuttles, plan on a 3-minute bus ride. Shuttles will operate until the Relay Exchange zone closes.